Ask A CPA - Bookkeeping & Write-up
1. Are the waiters that work for me required to report to me all the tips they earn for my tax reporting purposes?
2. Are wages paid to state government employees subject to the Federal Unemployment FUTA tax?
3. Can Form 940 be filed over the Internet ?
4. Can Form 941 or Form 944 be filed by phone ?
5. Can Form 941 or Form 944 be filed over the Internet ?
6. Can I file my federal unemployment tax using short Form 940-EZ?
7. Do I have to pay FUTA , Federal Unemployment taxes ?
8. Does a church pay FUTA , Federal Unemployment tax ?
9. Does the Social Security Administration offer a service to verify employees names and social security numbers?
10. Form 8109 -depository coupons
11. How do I amend Federal Unemployment Form 940 ?
12. How do I calculate the amount of the advanced earned income credit amount to include in an employee's paycheck?
13. How do I compute overtime for tipped employees ?
14. How do I prepare to get a business loan ?
15. How do I set up the right record keeping system for my business ?
16. How do I submit my federal payroll withholding to the IRS ?
17. I live in Georgia , where do I file Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return 941 ?
18. I received FUTA Federal Unemployment Form 940-EZ but I am not liable , what should I do ?
19. I started a new business . Where do I find information on how to file Forms W-2 ?
20. If I filed Form 941 via the Internet or by phone, should I also mail in the paper form?
21. In my balance sheet , what accounts are classified as current assets ?
22. In my balance sheet , what accounts are classified as liabilities ?
23. In my balance sheet , what accounts make up fixed assets ?
24. In the Social Security system , when did the Cost of Living Allowances ( COLA's ) start ?
25. My son works for me. Is he covered by Social Security ?
26. Should I file separate federal withholding Forms 941 because I have separate business locations ?
27. Social Security - Maximum taxable wages
28. What are examples of required accruals to adhere to the matching principal ?
29. What date must my company issue forms W-2 by?
30. What dates are the Federal Quarterly Forms 941 filed by?
31. What does the term Executor mean in respect to an estate tax return ?
32. What expenses should be capitalized?
33. What forms should my company ask an independent contractor to fill out ?
34. What information should be recorded when entering a transaction into a journal ?
35. What is a Balance Sheet ?
36. What is a Income Statement ?
37. What is a One - Write bookkeeping system ?
38. What is a Petty Cash account ?
39. What is a trial balance ?
40. What is an accounts receivable aging schedule ?
41. What is depreciation ?
42. What is depreciation or amortization ?
43. What is forecasting ?
44. What is kiting a check ?
45. What is the conservatism doctrine ?
46. What is the consistency criterion ?
47. What is the disclosure principle ?
48. What is the Double Entry bookkeeping accounting system ?
49. What is the first year limitation on expensing business equipment ?
50. What is the FUTA electronic filing requirement threshold for the year ?
51. What is the historical cost principle ?
52. What is the matching principal ?
53. What is the maximum withholding on wages for Medicare insurance ?
54. What is the realization concept ?
55. What is the Statement of Retained Earnings ?
56. What is the tax liability deposit threshold amount that I must deposit money in the bank instead of paying the amount with my quarterly 941 payroll reports ?
57. What should I know about bookkeeping and accounting when starting a business ?
58. What types of payments would require a Form 1099-MISC to be issued?
59. Who must sign Form 941 ?
If you need professional help with "Bookkeeping & Write-up" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs