Ask A CPA - Buying & Selling a Business
1. Are some business locations better than others ?
2. Are there companies that provide search services to ascertain if a new company name will infringe on an existing name or trademark ?
3. Business Purchase - prior businesses debts
4. Can I make a tax free like kind exchange of the Goodwill I purchased with my new business ?
5. Employer Identification Number ( EIN )
6. Goodwill - amortizable basis
7. How can I get in touch with the Dun & Bradstreet Corporation for a business valuation ?
8. How do I deduct the value of the customer list I purchased ?
9. How do you allocate the purchase price of a business to various assets?
10. I want to sell my business . How much is it worth ?
11. I've been told I need a financial statement prepared by a CPA . What type of financial statement services are there and how much will it cost ?
12. In a merger , what is the Pooling of interests accounting method ?
13. Is there a website to contact an appraiser ?
14. Should I purchase the seller's corporation ?
15. What are some questions to ask when buying a Franchise ?
16. What assets in a business sale cannot be part of an installment sale ?
17. What does it mean when a seller
18. What IRS form is required to be filed if I bought a business and goodwill exists ?
19. What is a Cash Flow Statement ?
20. What is a franchise ?
21. What is a secured creditor?
22. What is Ratio Analysis as it relates to financial statements ?
23. What is the bulk sales tax?
24. What is the Gross Margin return on inventory mean ?
25. What is the Gross Profit Margin as it relates to Financial Statements ?
26. What is the Inventory Turnover Activity ratio ?
27. What is the IRS phone number to get an EIN Employer Identification Number ?
28. What is the IRS web site address ?
29. What is the Net Profit Margin as it relates to Financial Statements ?
30. What is the number of years I will be able to depreciate the building I purchased when I bought my business ?
31. What is the number of years I will be able to depreciate the equipment I purchased when I bought my business ?
32. What is the Price / Earnings ( P/E ) Ratio ?
33. What is the Rate of Return On Sales Ratio ?
34. What is the the Average Collection Period ratio ?
35. What legal aspects should I consider when buying a new business ?
36. What options do I have with the location of my business ?
37. What should I know about accounting and bookkeeping ?
38. When allocating the sales price over the assets in a business acquisition with goodwill , is there a allocation sequence order of the assets ?
39. When buying a business , what is the DUNS ( Data Universal Numbering System ) ?
40. When buying a business , what are some basic questions to ask ?
41. When buying a business , what is a SIC ( Standard Industrial Classification Code ) ?
42. When I buy a business , how is Goodwill determined ?
43. When I buy a business, should I sign the note personally?
44. When I sell my business , do I have to recognize the total gain in that tax year ?
45. When negotiating the sale of a business , what are some of the variables that may be changed to complete the deal ?
46. When selling a business including goodwill , which entities must file Form 8594 ?
47. Where can I locate my Industry Ratios and expense percentages ?
48. Within the many business valuation methods , what is the Asset Approach ?
49. Within the many business valuation methods , what is the Comparable or Guideline Company Approach ?
50. Within the many business valuation methods , what is the Discounted Future Earnings Method ?
51. Within the many business valuation methods , what is the Income Approach ?
52. Within the many business valuation methods , what is the Market Approach ?
If you need professional help with "Buying & Selling a Business" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs