Ask A CPA - Educational Tax Benefits
1. American Opportunty credit partially limited - carried forward to next year?
2. Are Fellowship payments taxable?
3. Are the costs I pay for my Law Review courses deductible?
4. Are the costs of Continuing Education classes to keep my job skills sharp deductible?
5. Are the costs of my secondary teacher college courses deductible?
6. As a doctor, Refresher courses - deductible ?
7. As an attorney , can I deduct the costs of a master's law degree program ( LLM ) ?
8. Can I claim both the Lifetime Learning tax credit and a American Opportunity credit in the same tax year?
9. Can I deduct my child's college tuition ?
10. Claiming Non dependents tuition
11. College academic scholarship designated for tuition and books - taxable?
12. College courses and related Books
13. College scholarship - support for the 50% dependency support test
14. College tuition and Room and Board
15. CPA review course - deductible?
16. Do payments to my grandchild's tuition reduce the annual gift tax exclusion?
17. Education - Employer Reimbursements
18. Educational Assistance Plans
19. Employer Reimbursements - Accountable Plan
20. Employer Reimbursements - Education = Nonaccountable Plan = W-2 box 1
21. Fellowship payments - IRS Publications
22. Is the total amount I contributed to my college in exchange for football stadium tickets deductible ?
23. Lifetime Learning credit partially limited in 2013 - carried forward to next year ?
24. MBA courses - deductible?
25. Student Loan interest - 2013
26. Student Loan interest - tax deductible?
27. Teacher - deductible expenses
28. What is an Educational IRA ?
If you need professional help with "Educational Tax Benefits" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs