Ask A CPA - Capital Gains & Losses
1. Are stock short sales reported to the IRS ?
2. Basis for Inherited property
3. Capital Gains Tax Rates -2013
4. Capital loss carryover - married filing separate filing status
5. Cost Basis
6. Cost basis of house received at divorce settlement
7. Employee stock options
8. Form 1099-B: Cost Basis Categories
9. Goodwill - amortizable basis
10. How does the IRS know about my stock sales ?
11. Is my business bad debt limited ?
12. Is my non-business bad debt limited?
13. Is the exercise of my stock rights taxable to me ?
14. Is the gain I realized on the sale of my car taxable?
15. Is the stock I received in a stock split taxable?
16. Is the stock option I received from my company taxable ?
17. Is the total amount of the capital loss deductible?
18. Is there a time limit within to finish a tax free like kind exchange ?
19. Late December sale of stock - reportable in the current year or following year?
20. Like kind exchange - qualifications
21. Long term - Holding period
22. Long Term Capital Gains - taxed differently than wage income
23. Loss from buying and selling the same shares of stock in the same day
24. Loss on the sale of property - to family members
25. Mutual Funds - different methods of identifying
26. Prior year suspended losses - Installment method
27. Property sale - receiving payments in future years
28. Sale of inherited property
29. Sale of section 1244 small business stock - fully taxable?
30. Securities “Trader“ Losses
31. Securities Trader - “market to market” rules.
32. Selling expenses on sale of property
33. Short term stock gain - favorable lower capital gains tax rate?
34. Stock holding period - converted to another companies stock in a merger
35. Stock warrant conversion
36. Tax free like kind exchange - business inventory
37. Tax free like kind exchange - copyright
38. Tax free like kind exchange - goodwill
39. Tract of land sale - divided into lots, How do I determine the gain or loss
40. Trade date or settlement date - reporting stock sales
41. Wash Sale
42. What is a Call option, as it relates to stock and capital gains ?
43. What is a long term capital gain ?
44. What is a Put option , as it relates to stock and capital gains ?
45. What is a securities Short Sale?
46. What is a Wash Sale ?
47. What is the basis of property I received as a gift ?
48. What is the last day of the year I can sell a stock and take a loss?
49. What is the Striking Price, as it relates to stocks and capital gains ?
50. What is the tax consequence of receiving stock from my spouse as part of the divorce settlement?
51. What is the tax rate for stocks that are sold ?
52. Where do I deduct a loss on a like kind exchange of real estate ?
53. Why are my gross proceeds so high on my broker's statement?
54. Why don't my option sales appear on form 1099 ?
55. Worthless stock - 3 year or 7 year carryback
56. Worthless Stock - bad debt deduction?
If you need professional help with "Capital Gains & Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs