Ask A CPA - Dependents & Exemptions
1. Can I claim a child tax credit for my grandchild that lives with me that I claim as a dependent ?
2. Can I claim as a dependent my married son on my tax return?
3. Can I claim my 18 year old son as a dependent who lives with me and earns $10,000 in wages ?
4. Can I claim my child as a dependent if she or he was born in a foreign country ?
5. Can I claim my daughter who is in college as a dependent on my tax return who lives with me, is 20 years of age and earns $4,000 ?
6. Can I claim my daughter who is in college as a dependent who earns $8,000 in wages ?
7. Can I claim my mother ,who lived with me and passed away in February as an exemption ?
8. Can I claim my son who is not in college as a dependent on my tax return who lives with me and is 20 years of age and earns $4,000?
9. Claim your parent - lives with you as a dependent and receiving social security
10. Claiming children living with ex-spouse
11. Form 8332 - Noncustodial parent claim of children of ex-spouse
12. How do I get a Social Security number for my non-resident alien dependent ?
13. My daughter turned 19 in December, Can I use her for the child tax credit calculation ?
14. My son is 23 , lives with me and goes to college at night . During the day he has a full time job and earns $200 a week . Can I claim him as a dependent ?
15. What are the Uniform Transfer to Minors and Gift to Minors accounts ?
16. What is the amount of the Personal Exemption allowed ?
17. What is the amount of the Personal exemption Phase out for year 2013?
18. When can a child decide which parent he or she will live with?
If you need professional help with "Dependents & Exemptions" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs