Ask A CPA - Filing Status & Filing Requirements
1. Common Law Marriage - Do I file joint or single ?
2. Deceased Spouse - what is my filing status?
3. Divorced in December - Do I file using joint or single filing status ?
4. Do I have to file a tax return ?
5. Does my dependent child have to file a return?
6. Head of Household - Must I File?
7. Head of Household - multiple support agreement
8. Head of household - Single with no Dependents
9. If it costs me more in taxes, why would I file married filing separately ?
10. Injured Spouse - Form 8379
11. Is there any tax benefit to delaying my upcoming wedding until next year?
12. Just married - Can I still file as single
13. Legally married - Must I file a joint tax return ?
14. Married filing Jointly - Must I File?
15. Married filing Separately - Lost Tax Benefits
16. Married filing Separately - Must I File?
17. Married with children - did not live with my spouse. Must I file Jointly
18. Must I itemize my deductions if my filing status is married filing separately?
19. My husband passed away last year , are any special return notations or forms required to indicate my husband is deceased ?
20. Separated from Spouse - Can I file as Head of Household
21. Should I include my social security when I figure gross income for the test if I should file a tax return ?
22. Single - Must I File?
23. Switch from married -filing jointly to married-filing separately
24. Unmarried with a child - What is my filing status?
25. What is the IRS Publication that deals with Innocent spouse relief ?
26. What is the marriage penalty ?
27. When my divorce is finalized, what is my filing status?
28. Widow with a dependent child - Must I File?
29. Withholding Change - Now I'm Married
If you need professional help with "Filing Status & Filing Requirements" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.
District of Columbia CPAs
New Hampshire CPAs
New Jersey CPAs
New Mexico CPAs
New York CPAs
North Carolina CPAs
North Dakota CPAs
Puerto Rico CPAs
Rhode Island CPAs
South Carolina CPAs
South Dakota CPAs