The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Alimony

Are Payments Made Under An Annulment Decree Deductible?

Yes. Annulment decree payments qualify as deductible alimony payments. They also would be considered taxable income to the recipient. They should be reported as alimony (adjustment or income) on IRS Form 1040 page 1.

If you need professional help with "Alimony" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.