The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Alimony

I Am Divorced , But Still Live In The Same House As My Ex-Wife Because We Have Two Young Children . Are The Alimony Payments I Make To Her Deductible?

If you live in the same house as your ex-spouse and are legally separated or divorced, you cannot deduct your alimony payments, nor is your ex-wife required to report the alimony as income.

If you need professional help with "Alimony" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.