The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Armed Forces Tax Information

How Do I Certify My Entitlement To The Armed Forces Military Pay Exclusion?

Your service branch must certify your entitlement on the Form W-2 it provides you. If you believe you are entitled to the exclusion, but it is not reflected on your Form W-2, ask your service branch to issue a corrected Form W-2.

If you need professional help with "Armed Forces Tax Information" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.