The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Auto & Truck Expenses

Artists - Car Expenses

If you meet certain requirements to be identified as a "Performing Artist" you can deduct all of your car expenses as a adjustment to income directly on Form 1040 instead as a itemized deduction on Schedule A. There is a 5 step requirement test that must be answered before a person is identified as a Performing artist.

If you need professional help with "Auto & Truck Expenses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.