The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Bookkeeping & Write-up

I Received FUTA Federal Unemployment Form 940-EZ But I Am Not Liable , What Should I Do ?

If you receive Form 940-EZ and are not liable for FUTA Federal Unemployment Tax in the current year, then write "Not Liable" across the front of the form. Sign the form and return it to the IRS.

If you need professional help with "Bookkeeping & Write-up" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.