The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Bookkeeping & Write-up

Should I File Separate Federal Withholding Forms 941 Because I Have Separate Business Locations ?

If the business has 1 federal Identification number then 1 Form 941 should be filed. Employers with multiple locations or divisions must file one Form 941 per quarter. Filing more than one will cause processing delays and unneeded correspondence.

If you need professional help with "Bookkeeping & Write-up" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.