The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Business Start-ups

What Is The IRS Phone Number To Get An EIN Employer Identification Number ?

You should initially apply online. Go to and click on employer ID numbers. Your local IRS service center can also assist you in getting a Federal ein. The phone number is 1-800-829-4933:.

If you need professional help with "Business Start-ups" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.