The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - C Corporations

Can Corporations Use The Standard Mileage Rate Method In Calculating Auto Depreciation?

No. The use of the standard mileage method is limited to a self-employed individual or an employee who operates an automobile for business purposes. Corporations would not qualify. Partners in a partnership would qualify because they are considered self-employed.

If you need professional help with "C Corporations" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.