The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Capital Gain Rates

Short Term Capital Gains ( Less Than A Year)

Short term capital gains are taxed at ordinary income rates. However, you can offset short term capital gains with long term and short term capital losses and any capital losses carried over from previous years that you did not use.

If you need professional help with "Capital Gain Rates" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.