The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Capital Gains & Losses

Sale Of Section 1244 Small Business Stock - Fully Taxable?

For Section 1244 losses, a taxpayer can claim an annual maximum of $50,000, if single, or $100,000 for a married couple. Any loss over this amount is a capital loss.

If you need professional help with "Capital Gains & Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.