The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Capital Gains & Losses

Late December Sale Of Stock - Reportable In The Current Year Or Following Year?

Gain on sales of year-end publically traded securities must be reported in the current year even though you will receive payment in the following year.

If you need professional help with "Capital Gains & Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.