The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Child Care Expenses

Can I Claim The Costs Of Sending My Child To A Overnight Camp As A Credit Or Deduction?

No. The costs of sending a child to a overnight camp cannot be claimed as a child care credit or deduction. Costs for day camp, nursery school, day-care center, or home babysitter for a child under age 13 can be used for a child care credit when both spouses on a joint return earn income or on a single or Head of Household return the taxpayer has earned income.

If you need professional help with "Child Care Expenses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.