The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Credits

Child And Dependent Care Credit

If you pay someone to watch your child(ren)under age 13 to enable you (and your spouse if you are filing a joint tax return)to work, then you will be able to claim a Child Care Credit for the costs you pay subject to certain limitations on Form 2441. You will have to supply to the IRS on Form 2441 the care provider's name, address and social security or EIN number.

If you need professional help with "Credits" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.