The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Divorce & Marriage Issues

Divorce Agreement Doesn'T Specify Who Takes The Dependency Deduction For Child

The parent having custody of the child is always entitled to the dependency deduction, unless the custodial parent waives his or her right.

If you need professional help with "Divorce & Marriage Issues" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.