The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Employee Business Expense

Construction Worker - Overalls

Special work clothes that protect you from injury are deductible. They include Steel tipped safety shoes, hard hats, gloves etc. You may not deduct the costs of overalls or aprons that protect your regular clothing.

If you need professional help with "Employee Business Expense" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.