The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Estimated Payments

Can I Combine My Estimated Tax Payment 1040-ES With The Payment Due For My Form 1040 ?

No. Estimated tax payments should not be combined and sent with or be included in checks or money orders for payment of federal income tax with your 1040 tax return. Mail your estimated tax payments separately to the address shown in the 1040-ES instructions.

If you need professional help with "Estimated Payments" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.