The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Form 1099

State Tax Refund - 1099-G

You received a 1099-G form because your state refund is taxable income for the current year. On last year's return, you probably deducted your state and local income taxes as itemized deductions on Schedule A.

If you need professional help with "Form 1099" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.