The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Form 1099

1099-MISC - Independent Contractors

Generally, report payments to independent contractors on Form 1099-MISC in Box 7.

If you need professional help with "Form 1099" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.