The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Form W-2

If I Can'T Get My W-2 Form From My Employer, Can I Still File My Tax Return?

If you cannot get a duplicate W-2 from your employer, your local CPA can use Form 4852, substitute W-2 to reconstruct your salary and use it for your tax return. A copy of Form 4852 should be sent to the Social Security Administration to help ensure proper credit of the Social Security taxes.

If you need professional help with "Form W-2" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.