The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Gifts

Gifts - Forms To Be Filed

A gift tax return must be filed on IRS Form 709 for any gift given an individual other than your spouse if the gift exceeds $14,000 ($13,000 in 2012). A return does not have to be filed for gifts qualifying for the medical expenses or tuition exclusions.

If you need professional help with "Gifts" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.