The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Insurance

Will I Receive A Tax Form Due To The 401(K) Distribution I Took Out This Year?

If you received a distribution from a 401(k)pension plan, annuity or insurance contract, the company that makes the payment will send you a Form 1099-R. This form is also sent by organizations that distribute payments from a profit-sharing plan, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), or other retirement programs. The IRS will also get the same copy.

If you need professional help with "Insurance" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.