The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Interest - Itemized Deduction

Co-Operative Apartment Interest

Yes. You may claim interest on acquisition or home equity debt loans on residences. A residence includes a house, condominium, cooperative apartment, houseboat, mobile home or house trailer that has sleeping, cooking, and toilet facilities. The deduction is allowed on IRS Schedule A.

If you need professional help with "Interest - Itemized Deduction" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.