The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Interest - Itemized Deduction

Municipal Bonds Tax Exempt Income Reporting

Tax-exempt interest from municipal bonds, exempt interest dividends from a mutual fund or other regulated investment company, although not taxable, is reportable to the IRS on Form 1040 line 8b, as well as on Schedule B.

If you need professional help with "Interest - Itemized Deduction" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.