The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Interest - Itemized Deduction

Early Withdrawal From Savings Certificate

Yes. The amount of the penalty on early withdrawal from your savings certificate is listed as an adjustment to income on Form 1040 line 30.

If you need professional help with "Interest - Itemized Deduction" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.