The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Losses

I Know I Can Deduct $25,000 Loss From My Rental Property If I Have Active Participation . What Is Active Participation ?

You may be treated as actively participating if for example you participate in making management decisions or arrange for others to provide services. Examples of management decisions are, approving new tenants, deciding on rental terms, approving capital or repair expenditures and other similar decisions.

If you need professional help with "Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.