The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Losses

Can I Claim A Bad Debt Loss For Salary That Was Not Paid To Me ?

No. As a cash basis taxpayer you cannot claim a bad debt loss for salary that was earned but not paid to you.

If you need professional help with "Losses" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.