The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Miscellaneous Income

Meal Money

The overtime meal money you receive for occasional overtime is not taxable to you. Additionally, any train or cab fare home you receive while working the occasional overtime is not taxable.

If you need professional help with "Miscellaneous Income" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.