The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Miscellaneous Income

Consulting - Subject To SE Tax

Yes. Income earned as a consultant is subject to self-employment taxes.

If you need professional help with "Miscellaneous Income" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.