The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Miscellaneous Income


Cash or property you received as an inheritance, gift or bequest is not included in your income tax return. Any interest, dividend or rental you earned on the inheritance after receipt of the inheritance is taxable.

If you need professional help with "Miscellaneous Income" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.