The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Residence - My Home

What Form Is The Taxable Sale Of Residence Reported On ?

If you have a taxable gain on the sale of a residence after the $250,000 ($500,000 for filing joint return)exclusion then the taxable amount is reported on IRS Schedule D. Form 2119 was discontinued by the IRS in 1999.

If you need professional help with "Residence - My Home" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.