The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Retirement Savings Credit

Is There An Age Or Filing Status Limitation In Claiming The Retirement Savings Contribution Credit?

You cannot claim the credit if the person(s) who made the qualified contribution or elective deferral (a) was born after January 1, 1994, (b) is claimed as a dependent on someone else’s 2011 tax return, or (c) was a student.

If you need professional help with "Retirement Savings Credit" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.