The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Self-Employment Taxes

Is A Babysitter A Sole Proprietor And Subject To SE Tax?

When services are performed in the parents’ home according to instructions by the parents, you are considered an employee of the parents and do not have self-employment earnings.

If you need professional help with "Self-Employment Taxes" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.