The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Self-Employment Taxes

Is Foreign Earned Income Subject To SE Tax?

You are subject to self-employment tax on all earnings even though you can exclude from gross income your foreign earned income of up to $92,900 in 2011.

If you need professional help with "Self-Employment Taxes" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.