The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Small Business Services

Can I Claim The Part Of My Living Room That Has My Computer As A Home Office Deduction ?

In general, if you use a part of your home for both personal and business purposes, then no expenses for business use of that part are deductible. There are certain exceptions for the storage of inventory or samples used in a business or for qualified day care providers. You should speak to your local CPA about the "office in home" deductions.

If you need professional help with "Small Business Services" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.