The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Taxes - My Tax Return

Are The Taxi Fares I Receive For Working In An Unsafe Area, Taxable To Me ?

If you are not considered a highly compensated employee or officer, corporate director or owner of 1% or more of the company and your employer pays for your taxi because you are working in a "unsafe" area, then only $1.50 for each one way trip is taxable to you. Speak to your local CPA about the "unsafe" definition and the taxi payments deductibility.

If you need professional help with "Taxes - My Tax Return" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.