The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Taxes - My Tax Return

Margin Interest - Reportable To IRS ?

The IRS does not require brokerage firms to report margin interest on form 1099-INT. Generally, the amount is reported on the statement you receive from your brokerage firm as margin interest paid on the non-reportable section of the Consolidated 1099.

If you need professional help with "Taxes - My Tax Return" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.