The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Travel & Entertainment

What Expenses Are Deductable When I Am Away From Home Overnight?

If you travel on business away from your home you can deduct the transportation and personal costs such as food lodging and incidentals. You must be away from home for more than a day.

If you need professional help with "Travel & Entertainment" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.