The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Where/How Do I File?

I Live In Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Where Do I File My 1040 Tax Return ?

If you have an envelope addressed to the IRS with your mailed booklet, then use it. For the states of Arizona, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, if you are filing and not enclosing a check or money order then file at the Internal Revenue Service Center Fresno CA 93888-0002; if you are filing and enclosing a check or money order then the address is Internal Revenue Service Center PO Box 7704 San Francisco CA 94120-7704

If you need professional help with "Where/How Do I File?" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.