The National Directory of Certified Public Accountants

Ask A CPA - Where/How Do I File?

Where Do I Get An Application For Taxpayer Identification Number For Pending Adoptions Form W-7A ?

Parents in the process of a domestic U.S. adoption, and who do not have the child's Social Security number, should request an Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number by using IRS Form W-7A. Form W-7A is the Application for Taxpayer Identification Number for Pending Adoptions. To get this form, you may go to the IRS web site, visit your local IRS office or call 1-800-829-3676.

If you need professional help with "Where/How Do I File?" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.