Buying & Selling a Business

Employer Identification Number ( EIN )

File Form SS-4. You can file Form SS-4 online. Go to and click on Employer ID number. Your local IRS Service Center can also assist you in getting a Federal EIN. Call IRS at 1 800-829-4933.

Note If you need professional help with "Buying & Selling a Business" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.