Can I Deduct...?

Can I Deduct The Student Loan Interest Reported In My Child'S Name And S.S. Number?

No. If the parents are not legally obligated to repay the loan they cannot deduct any interest the dependent pays.

Note If you need professional help with "Can I Deduct...?" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.