College Planning & Financial Aid

What Are Graduate Assistantships ?

Graduate Assistantships are either teaching assistantships or research assistantships. Teaching assistantships and research assistantships receive a full or partial tuition waiver and a small living amount. Teaching assistantships are required to perform teaching duties. Research assistantships are required to perform research duties not necessarily related to the student's thesis research.

Note If you need professional help with "College Planning & Financial Aid" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.