Should I Report The Dividend Income That Was Incorrectly Reported To Me On Form 1099-DIV?

In order to avoid any future problems and to avoid any mismatching reports with the IRS, you should include this amount on IRS Schedule B, both as a positive and negative amount. Enter the Form 1099-DIV amount on Schedule B, line 5 as income. Enter the same amount as a negative adjustment on Schedule B, line 5 and enter "Nominee Distribution" as the negative adjustment description. Speak to your local CPA if you have any questions about the reporting of this incorrect dividend income.

Note If you need professional help with "Dividends" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.