Divorce & Marriage Issues

I Receive Both Alimony And Child Support For My Children . Is Either Payment Taxable ?

Alimony or separate maintenance payments must be included on your tax return as income in the year received. Child support is not taxable and not reportable. Likewise your ex-spouse can deduct the alimony but cannot deduct the child support.

Note If you need professional help with "Divorce & Marriage Issues" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed CPA for a free, no-obligation consultation.